Saturday 19 September 2015

My Favourite Base At The Moment


Hello Everyone!

I recently discovered a new base combo that just works so well, I couldn't not do a post on it!
So enjoy this ramble about my favourite base.


Elizabeth Arden Foundation: Flawless Finish (alabaster)
After I prime my face, I apply the Elizabeth Arden flawless finish foundation, which is just beautiful. I never normally reach for Elizabeth Arden products but oh I have been missing out big time. This foundation allows me to have a flawless coverage without my skin feeling dehydrated, its like a gel cream. So if you like the formula of bare minerals complexion rescue then you will love this because its practically the same except with a load more coverage. 5 stars from me!

Bobbi Brown Brush: Full Coverage Face
To apply my foundation I love to use a dense buffing brush and this Bobbi Brown full coverage face brush does just the job. Its so soft and amazing quality, defiantly worth the price tag. Also it doesnt take away any pigment/coverage away from your foundation it just blends it effortlessly. I could go on about this brush even more but that would be boring.
If this brush isn't in your budget real techniques also do some fab brushes.



Dior Concealer: Dior-skin Nude Hydrating Concealer (001)
Light, hydrating and easy to blend. (notice a theme here) Have I sold it to you yet? Seriously if you don't have this, go and buy it. Its actually a miracle worker (in terms of ticking all the boxes). Yes   
its not the highest coverage concealer ever, but it still manages to brighten my dark circles, and trust me that is not a easy task.

Smashbox Powder: Translucent
Daisy and Jordan persuaded me to buy this powder and I'm so grateful that they did. I don't know how to explain it other than, if leaves my skin feeling so silky. It takes away shine yet doesn't make me too matte. It also prolongs the longevity of my makeup so thats always a bonus.

Real Technique's Brush: Blush 
The brush I use to apply my powder is the real techniques blush brush. As you can tell by the name, it isn't actually meant for powder but theres no makeup brush rule book (omg if there is one leave a link in the comments haha). The reason why I use a blush brush is because its a lot smaller than a powder brush so its easier to control where I want to put my powder! Not much more I can say about a brush to be honest!

Thank you for reading to the end <3
If anyone has any base makeup recommendations then let me know so I can check them out!
Bye xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment